One of the deepest and clearest lakes of Asia. It is 2760 sq km (1080 sq mi) alpine lake, with water so pure you can drink it and they do. The people in this area get all there drinking water right from the lake. It is the world's 14th largest source of fresh water. It is right on the border of Russia, and the lake is so sacred to local Mongolians, that they refer to it as 'mother.'
07/19 - 07/26
- Playing cards with our wizard
- Everyday life in Hatgal, Khuvsul aimaag
- The people who live in this regions are called t...
- One of the deepest and clearest lakes of Asia. It...
- That's a big boat:)
- In Balli fashion the first thing we did when w...
- Inside of our ger...at least the beds were real...
- Me and the wizard in front of the ger
- One of my favorite parts of the trip was the ger ...
- After 33 hours riding on a dirt road in a 13 pass...
- The beautiful Khuvsgul lake:)
- Here comes Santa's sleigh:)
- ▼ 07/19 - 07/26 (12)